Thursday, April 15, 2010

Intro to Your Go-to-Gal

Hi Dolls and Guys!


My name is Yami and I live in Miami, Fl. I'm a recent graduate from FIU's School of Journalism-- journalism being my second passion. My first real love is anything and everything that has to do with being a woman. I'd say I'm an expert, since I do have 26 full years of experience.

I find that with the little bit of free time I do have, I mostly spend it either catching up on current events, but more so I research the latest trends in fashion and beauty.

A tad bit more 4-1-1- on me: I'm OBSESSED with shoes, and just about everything else-- fashion-related, but mostly shoes. I'm always criticized for not spending my money "wisely," but I'm just like Ms. Bradshaw, "I like my money right where I can see it.. hanging in my closet." And no I'm not trying to be a Carrie, though she is a fab icon (the real Carrie + the Carrie played by Bradshaw.) I'm only me and that's the only person I will ever be. So, the past year has been really rough for me in terms of finances and, I have had no other choice but to TRY and learn to become a frugalista, BTW after this first use of the F word, you will never hear me use it again. It's really annoying when people use that or recessionista (I swear it sends shivers down my spine and it's the bad kind.) Guys, I said TRY! I've had some success and some failures, but that's just one of the reasons I decided to start this blog.

I want to be your go-to-gal for anything, whether it's fashion, beauty, love, traveling or anything else you can think of. I will not focus on just high-end merchandise or "frugal finds," but I will share all my knowledge with you as I learn it. So please follow me and tell your friends to follow me too. I promise you won't regret it!

The "Go-to-Gal" idea was first brewed about a year ago, but school, work and interning aka (slaving for free) kept me from acting on it any sooner, but like I said I'm a graduate now, so no more excuses! I follow a few girls who do the same thing I'm trying to do, and realized none of them are from Miami. So why not be the go-to-gal from one of the hottest cities in the world?

Make sure to visit me tomorrow for my first official blog.

Hint: IT's a few tips on how to indulge a bit without paying a dime!


 
XOXO,
Your GTG

"Experience is how life catches up with us and teaches us to love and forgive each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment