Tuesday, October 2, 2012

GTG Tries It... BareMinerals Ready Foundation

Hi beautiful friends!

Today I have another review for you. Did you know that bareMinerals released its amazing foundation in a ready to go compact? I've been waiting for this day since I first tried out the the original SPF 15 foundation in 2009.

The great thing about the original bareMinerals is the buildable coverage one can attain without looking like cake face. The even greater thing? How your overall skin appearance can improve overtime by wearing this makeup.



The only less than stellar quality about this foundation was that until August of this year, it was a real mission to put it on while on the go! It was messy and complicated. And when it became too much of a hassle, I decided to part ways with it.

After two years of trying good products and some less than good products, I decided to go back to bareMinerals this past summer.

While testing out shades at my local Sephora, I struck up a convo with the makeup artist who was assisting me. I had expressed to her how much I wished this product came in a compact package and she confided in me that the idea had already been designed and it was set to launch later this year.

Fast forward a couple of months and the bareMinerals ready foundation is here!

I bought mine from QVC for a special price and also ordered the precision brush.



So are you ready for my review?

Claims: Invisible long-wearing and hydrating coverage that lasts up to 12 hours with a no-makeup look and feel.

Actually: While you can definitely throw on this ready foundation in the car or on the elevator on your way up to the office--the coverage just isn't nearly as great as that of the original or as good as I'd hope.

Can you build coverage? Yes, but it doesn't look as flawless as the original. In fact, you can tell you're wearing a good amount of makeup. In addition, I've been dealing with an unfortunate breakout on my left cheek and it didn't cover it up as well as the original did.
 
Pros: The QVC packaging is gorgeous, more so than the original packaging.  I also got a pretty good deal for both items than had I purchased both items at a store.
Cons: The ready foundation shades differ from the original shades. Girls, let's face it I'm as pale as a ghost, but the fair ready foundation is easily two to three shades lighter than the fair original foundation.
 
Overall Recommendation: This was nearly a total miss for me and while it's a decent product I feel that it really missed the mark that bareMinerals is known for. I'm not even sure it hydrates as it claims. However, my best friend also purchased it and absolutely loves it. I highly recommend you try it on at a store before buying it and see if it works for you.

Note: My absolute favorite thing is the precision brush I invested in. It is amazing!
 
Have you tried any of the bareMinerals products? What's been your experience?
 

 xoxo GTG

Don't forget to keep up with me:
Instagram: @yourgotogal
Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/yourgo2gal/
 
 
"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin." Gwyneth Paltrow



7 comments:

  1. I love Bare Minerals, but unfortunately they were giving free samples at Debenhams and when I went they didn't stock my shade as they only had the paler colours sent to him from HQ. I thought it wasn't very fair? hrmm. I emailed to request my shade, but no reply.
    Other than that they have a good product.
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Erica!

      They have a great product. I just wish the ready foundation was as good as the original Good luck finding your color! xo

      Delete
  2. a brush its a must!! when I got a big puffy round one, I noticed how the finish look better. I can really use powder and stuff much cause my skin its already dried but hopefully this one would nourish ;) gotta try it at a counter!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, try the original foundation as it doesn't dry up your skin or make your skin look bad. I'm not sure I'd recommend the ready one if your skin is dry! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've used their loose ones for a very long time. I'd heard about this but I've never been one to go for the compact type foundations though I might give it a try since it does look waaay less messy than the loose version. Too bad about the shad difference though I know I'm really pale too so that could be a problem getting the color to match up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their loose foundation. It's almost perfect! I'm just not impressed by this compact version! Let me know if you like it!

      Delete
  4. Awh, I expected a lot from this product!! I tried a sample and actually liked it but it didn't come with enough to really test it out on my entire face (for a full day). What shade are you in both the original and this new foundation from BareMinerals?

    -Brittany of @suburbchicblog
    http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete