Tuesday, September 10, 2013

GTG's Fall 2013 Trend Report

Welcome back my fab fashionistas and fashion lovers!

It's my favorite time of the year again: fall! And although here in Miami, we still have some killer heat waves, I think the worst is finally over.

Today I want to share with you the must have items you have to have in your closet for this season!


Emerald Green:

If you haven't donned any emerald (the color of the year) yet, this is the perfect time of the year to try it. It's classic, sophisticated and there are so many different ways of trying it out without feeling like you look like a Christmas tree.

Leather:

Head to toe leather looks can be a little biker babe-ish, but picking out feminine tailored pieces will make you look and feel sophisticated.


Midi Skirts:
The secret to finding the perfect midi skirt is to experiment with skirt lengths that range from  below the knee to above the ankle until you find the hemline that flatters your legs the most.


Punk:
I'm loving this punk trend reminds me of the '90s, though the looks are more polished and pulled together this time around. Think spikes, plaid and rocker chic accessories to bring out your punk princess. And don't forget to add some serious attitude!



Winter Whites:

I want to scream every year after the Labor Day holiday when the fashion world, who by the way knows better than anyone else how stupid and antiquated the no white after Labor Day rule is.  So go ahead and wear white whenever you'd like to or until the rule is reinstated.


What trends are you looking forward to wearing this fall/winter season?


Don't forget to keep up with me:



















38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm such a fall fashion enthusiast.

      Delete
  2. Those are basically alllll the things I'm looking forward to for this season! Just picked up faux leather leggings, a plaid mini, an emerald clutch, and a killer white coat that I'm sure I'll immediately spill something on. :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your OOTD posts with those items :)

      p.s. please be careful with the white coat

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A staple item... I think every woman should have one in her closet.

      Delete
  4. Yep agree with every item in the list and I have already started shopping for the Fall here :) :)

    xx
    Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! The deborah lippman shade looks beautiful!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Punk isn't really thing, but I am totally on board with this season's other new trends. I really love the emerald and leather trends, which is awesome because they coordinate together so well. Those pointy emerald heels are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like punk if it's done in a girly way, but I don't think I can get away with that grungy look from the '90s.

      Delete
  7. I love all your pics especially emerald green list <3 #GIGs

    http://wind-atree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your Emerald Green picks, some of the colours look like they're turquoise coloured, which is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the winter whites! I love anything white :) BTW, very nice pictures and lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think white is a really beautiful color when it comes to clothes.

      Delete
  10. I'd wear trench coats all the time if the weather permits ahaha. Nice picks girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Truly one of my most favorite articles of clothing

      Delete
  12. Such fantastic picks and emerald has always been a favourite colour of mine so looking forward to adding some key pieces, really goes with my skintone and eyes :)

    Ruby Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these trends are superb. Mixing punk and midi skirts seems tempting.

    http://kjandersen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the best thing about trends is how you interpret them and mix them with everyday essentials

      Delete
  14. Im really loving the emerald drop earrings, they are so pretty! Ive been obsessing over gem style accessories lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks for the Fall! I also can't stand the no-white-after-Labour-Day rule. It's ridiculous. Besides, I've got a pair of white jeans that I'd love to keep wearing for a while yet...at least while the weather is still warm and summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say you wear your white jeans all through next summer :)

      Delete
  16. You have great taste! Loving the Punk picks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been loving the color green lately! I also like your white winter picks. :) However there's no winter in my country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no winter here in Miami either but it doesn't mean I don't like to pretend it's freezing and wear sweaters and boots lol

      Delete
  18. Lovely picks! Im not too into the emerald green trend yet, and by the time I finally get used to it it will probably be a new colour of the year! but I do love the winter whites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have a few more months before the new color of the year is announced and not all trends are for everyone, you have to figure out what you like and what works on you.

      Delete
  19. Would enjoy reading a post about how what you invested on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never liked green so much but I can see myself in this lovely Emerald Green...

    ReplyDelete