Wednesday, August 29, 2012

GTG Tries It...(Lippmann's Stripper to Go)

Hi beauties!

Today I'm doing a quick review on a product I received in my August birchbox. It's safe to say that I have an unhealthy obsession with shoes and mani/pedis. Have you guys checked out my Instagram account? I do not lie.

Lately I've been crushing on Deborah Lippmann colors, so I was psyched when I received the Deborah Lippmann Stripper to Go lacquer remover.

 
Claims:  1 Mitt cleans all 10 nails!

Actually: I had been wearing Strange Love by Deborah Lippman over a gel base. My manicurist promised that the polish would last me at least a week because of the gel base, but that was untrue. The polish started to come undone in my shower this morning and not small chips. It started to flake off. Because I was in a hurry I said to myself: "how perfect is this, I'll just take one of my two samples of stripper to go and I'll fix my nails at work.
I slipped my index finger into the mitt and began removing the polish from my left hand. It worked okay, but I wasn't impressed.
 
I started working on my right hand, which was a total disaster because the mitt started to dry out halfway through my right hand and I was left with polish on two nails.
 
In a desperate attempt to at least remove most of the polish from all my nails I tried sticking my finger in the package to use the excess liquid, but that also failed.

Pros: It has a nice scent, although it mostly smells like your typical polish remover.
Cons: It didn't deliver on its promise to remove polish from all 10 fingers. Now I have to spend the rest of my day at work with less than fine looking nails.
Overall Recommendation: I'm really glad I received the samples in my birchbox because I will not shell out $12 for 6 mitts (that's $2 per mitt) and when you get down to the nitty gritty it didn't perform as well I would've liked it to.
 
Note: I wasn't trying to remove the gel base from my nails just the color.
 
 
 My left hand.

 My right hand.
 
The mitt that dried out before I was able to finish my right hand.
 
Have you tried these stripper to go mitts?
What was your experience?
 
Until the next must try product-- I'm signing off.
 
xoxo GTG
 
Don't forget to keep up with me:
 
Instagram: @yourgotogal
Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/yourgo2gal/
 
 

"I pretty much make time for that weekly manicure." Yancy Butler


16 comments:

  1. I haven't tried or even heard about these stripper mitts before the true blood line I hadn't owned anything Deb Lippmann it's a shame it didn't take off all 10 fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I love her lacquers. She's one of the best. Also love butter LONDON. But I'm so disappointed about these mitts. I have to spend the rest of my day looking like a freak! lol

      Delete
    2. Yeah I was always turned off by the price of her polishes but now I can see why the cost as much as they do. I'll for sure buy more from her line in the future! :)

      Delete
  2. good product for those who are on-the-go girls like me :) thanks for this!


    Roviedear
    The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a neat idea but not cost efficient. I usually buy the container with the sponge that you stick your finger in. I think it maybe be 3 or 4 dollars. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. This is good to know, because I'm always looking for something that removes the polish easily. Bummer that this didn't work to well.
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a realdisappointment. I thought this was going to be great especially for the girl on the go.

      Delete
  5. I have not tried the stripper to go mitts, and while I really love the concept of them (Mitts! No more looking for my designated washcloth I use with regular nail polish to take off my polish!) I probably won't try them after seeing your less-than fabulous results with them. I use a pretty standard nail polish remover by Revlon. It's purple, and while it does have that strong nail polish remover scent, it also has a semi-pleasant, floral scent mixed in as well that leaves my hands smelling tolerable so I'm not running to the sink to wash my hands immediately after using nail polish remover trying to get the scent off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, sometimes what we love is what usually works best. This was a total bust!

      Delete
  6. This is my first time hearing about them. I'm a very traditional girl when it comes to removing nail polish... the good ole nail polish remover and cottonballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it works and you're not left looking like a mess.

      Delete
  7. Ugghh... this sounds annoying. I would hate only getting some of my nails cleaned! Thanks for sharing- going to stick with my normal remover!


    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds crazy! I had no idea that something like this even existed. Gotta love the name, though.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEk that sucks it didn't deliver on it's promise! Funny name though, very cheeky!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete