Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Faves: August Acquisitions

Hi dolls!

August isn't even over, and I'm already hard at work picking up a few of my fall wardrobe items and accessories.

Because I live in Miami I get away with wearing a lot of open toe shoes that I know my snowbird buddies in northern cities can't. The downside is I can't rock my boots (btw: I'm a boot lover) until the weather starts to cool off, but I usually can't wait that long and I bust them out around October. After all it's fall (as garnered by Mother Nature and meteorologists) by October.

In honor of Friday, the best day of the week, here are my favorite things to get me ready for the fall!

Favorite Nail Lacquers:

Deborah Lippman for HSN Forsaken Bad Things Mini Trio



Strange Love



All of these shades are great for the fall. Look out for next Mani-c Monday's picture, which will feature the middle color, a shimmery magenta.

Colors from left to right: Bad Blood, Strange Love and New Flesh.


Favorite Animal Print:

 Vince Camuto Jamma Stud Bow Pumps

Girls if you know me then you know I love shoes, I love animal prints and I love studs. Put them together on a stylish pump and it becomes a must have.

Favorite Accessory:



Jewelmint's Giza Ring

This heavy metal ring will bring out the rock star in you. Not only is it gorgeous and unique, but it's also made very well. I was completely surprised by this purchase. JewelMint really does offer good quality products at great prices.

Favorite Fragrance:



Dot by Marc Jacobs

I waited such a long time for this perfume to come out that when it finally came out I forgot that it was out. So imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw it at Macy's last week.

I tested it out on my wrist, decided to walk around the store in search of a present and let it set. When I was on my way out I decided to sniff my wrist and I loved how it smelled, so I bought it.  The scent is very sweet, so if sweet isn't your thing than this scent isn't for you.

Favorite Jewel Tone Sandals:


Steve Madden Buzzzer Pump

These shoes just came in this week and I was so happy to see how green they are. The picture on the Nordstrom site made it look like an aqua color, which I had no problem with, but they are a gorgeous bright green.

I have the perfect LBD to rock them with!

Now I'm just missing my perfect boots and a few scarves and I'm almost ready for my favorite season of the year: fall. Are you ready?

Meet ya right here with the next Friday faves segment!

xo
GTG

Don't forget to keep up with me:

Instagram: @yourgotogal
Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/yourgo2gal/


"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one Autumnal face."
John Donne
















11 comments:

  1. I have been absolutely coveting Deborah Lippman nail lacquers, and the shimmery magenta looks so awesome. Can't wait to see it on you! I am not a big fan of animal prints, mostly because I don't think I can pull them off. They're loud and funky and most of the time I'm very simple and shy away from the loudness. I should get over that! I do, however, LOVELOVELOVE those Steve Madden pumps. The green is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! Thanks for stopping by as usual. I love Lippman lacquers too! I just wish they were a little less. What are your fave things to buy while transitioning seasons?

      Delete
  2. Anything Marc Jacobs and green I love!! those shoes are killers Yami!! can wait to see you wearing them and making an outfit post or (cough, cough) an actual personal appearance!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm not really into taking pix of myself. I have some sort of hate relationship w/ the camera. I can take pix with friends, but take pix of myself I just can't bring myself to doing so.

      Delete
  3. I've never had a Marc Jacobs fragrance but I absolutly ADORE the design of all of the bottles! Fancy perfume bottles are just so cute! I really want to get a really big one just so that 1.)I could use it for a long time. & 2.) When it was empty I'd put water in it and use it as a little flower vase. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bottle is almost better than the actual perfume. I guess you just gave me a great idea once the fragrance runs out!

      Delete
  4. I've been a long time fan of Marc Jacobs' Marc Jacobs scent, so I will have to check this one out! There is something so luxurious about a bottle of perfume......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just plain adorable! I'm also a huge MJ fan!

      Delete
  5. You know I'm loving the true blood polishes for fall too they are perfect! I think I might need to invest in a new pair of boots all of mine are more snow worthy and well it doesn't snow in Sf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those shoes Yamari! As soon as you said that you'd pair them with the LBD in my head I said "yes, girl, yes!" I'm also looking forward to the Fall due to the darker colors in nail polish and lipstick as you mentioned above. That color is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute post!

    xo Jennifer

    https://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete