Tuesday, January 4, 2011

GTG's Best of the Best of 2010

My wonderful gals and guys-- I hope you all had wonderful holidays and a great beginning to 2011.

Before we begin with all the great things that await us in this new year, I wanted to briefly go over the best things that 2010 gave us.

Here are my favorite top 10 things from '10:

Can you believe people are still trying to invent things? I'm glad that they are, cause if not, one my favorite things from 2010 wouldn't been on this list.
10.- LOOXCIE-- is a camera worn over the ear that records everything you see without the use of your hands. It was invented by a parent who couldn't record his children's parties with a regular video cam.  So now you can record just about anything without any of the wobbling. With just one button, you can send a clip to your own Facebook, YouTube or an e-mail address. Cool, huh?

9.-Truth be told my blog is my favorite blog (and no, it's not cause I wrote it--it's the fact that I've been inspired to write and have developed an audience,) but I can't put it on my own list, so I'm giving this slot away to: Post Secret. PostSecret is a community art project, where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard. I love it because it's real, honest and hysterical. I dare you to share your secret on this blog.

8.- Sadly, I didn't get to read that many books this past year. I'm a huge fan of Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, but the latest installment was a big flop.  Tutankhamun: The Book of Shadows by Nick Drake takes this honor. It's a thriller based on real historical events, with a chilling twist based on archaeological finds-- that brings forth a surprising end to what could've happened to the young king. A must-read!

7.- Oh TV- how I missed thee. I went on about a good two or three years of missing prime time TV, but this past year I made sure that I caught up! I discovered the great show that was LOST and well let's just say I was lost watching it, but I loved it. I also fell in love with Spartacus, Pretty Little Liars, Criminal Minds and The Vampire Diaries, but I thought that Boardwalk Empire was perhaps the best new show of 2010. It chronicles the life of notorious gangster and Atlantic City king, Nucky Thompson. And Steve Buscemi's portrayal of Nucky is worthy of Golden Globe glory.

6.- Music. Perhaps, it's one of the only things that can still transcend time, languages, cultures and ages. This year was huge in music. Rihanna and Eminem both dropped their newest albums. Drake nominated the hip hop category, but undoubtedly, Miss Alicia Keys' Unthinkable was my jam of the year for it's amazing emotions and unforgettable lyrics.

5.- My favorite trend of 2010 was prints. Leopard! Leopard! Leopard! It's so stylish, classic and it never goes out of style like the color black.

4.- Movies- we all love them and it truly still is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment. 2010 was filled with big unexpected blockbusters like Inception; kiddie faves such as Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 and documentaries or seemingly-like documentaries like Catfish. The Town receives honorable mentions from Your GTG for its great performances and plot. But my favorite movie in 2010 was Black Swan-- provocative, dark, all around fantastic. Portman better get the Oscar in 2011!

3.-The most talked about beauty product of 2010 was Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I read all the reviews, before going out to purchase this small bottle that costs $50, and the reviews were about 50/50. It really does even skin tone and what's better is that it reduces the appearances of spots and scars and even freckles!

2.- My favorite hair thing, whether it was a product or service of 2010 was the Keratin hair treatment. Although expensive, it does everything it promises it does. I did mine at the isalon in Aventura with Ilan. This salon rocks. It's professional, friendly and the results speaks for themselves

1.- And my absolute favorite thing in 2010 was... ::drum rolls::  my pair of nude Caryssa pumps by Steve Madden. Comfortable, sexy and high they were truly the most perfect heels that took me from summer into the winter and will carry me onto the spring. Gotta love Steve Madden.






No comments:

Post a Comment