Monday, September 26, 2011

Barton G: Still The Perfect Date Spot

This past weekend I, along with my boyfriend, celebrated our four year anniversary!

This anniversary in particular was very special for two reasons: (1) this is officially the longest relationship I've been in and (2) this is the only person I've lived with besides the parentals. And living together with a person can be challenging, and take a strain on any relationship, so making it to four years was a great cause for celebration.

He surprised me with flowers and a card. I was probably more touched by the card because my boyfriend isn't the card giving type. He also bought me a few key fall pieces, which I needed incorporated into my wardrobe.

One of the things on the long list of why I love my boyfriend so much is that he never disappoints me when it comes to gifts or surprises. It's been four years and he still spoils me!

And yes fellas, if you want to keep your ladies happy, you spoil them!

He also made dinner reservations at one of my favorite restaurants, Barton G in Miami Beach.

I was first introduced to Barton G in 2004 by a dear friend of mine at the time, and I was totally blown away by its location, dazzling decor, flashy food presentations and the fact that the food is simply amazing. The service isn't too shabby either, though there's always room for improvement.

Out of all the upscale restaurants that I've eaten at during the past 8 years, Barton G remains my top choice and destination to celebrate special occasions.

Barton G just finished revamping its decor, and as of this Thursday will also roll out a new menu.



These red orchid curtains are probably one of the more noticeable changes. And with the dim lights, at night it looks even more beautiful.

Because of my severe food allergies, my choices for food are limited, so we started off our night with the chicken cordon blue bites as an appetizer.


Chicken Cordon Blue Bites in a Shopping Cart!


We both decided on  the filet mignon for the entree.


Filet Mignon

My mom loves to collect cows (not real ones, although I'm sure she would if she could) and she would've probably asked me to have taken the cow gravy bowl with me, which reminds me to never take her to this place.


When we were done with our scrumptious steaks, we moved on to dessert.

The downside of ordering dessert was the 20 minute wait to get our hands on the actual dessert menu, which we couldn't understand until the menu was finally brought to us.

Another noticeable change: the dessert menu is now digitized on iphones.

Super cool!

After going back and forth through the nine choices, (we then figured out why it took so long to get the dessert menu) we went with the Kiss Kiss, a chocolate cake shaped as a gigantic Hershey's kiss and the perfect dessert to embody our celebration.



Kiss Kiss

I literally took two bites and was done. It was so big, we decided to take it home because we ate so little of it. I now have 3 boxes of leftover cake in my fridge.


Once again, Barton G was an  amazing experience and my boyfriend and I had a wonderful time. We  walked out feeling happy and very much in love.

If you've never been to Barton G:
  • You must try one of their signature nitrogen drinks.
  • Don't be shy! People will always strike up conversations with you about what your food because it's like nothing they've ever seen before. (This is also a reason why this restaurant is one of my favorites.)
  • Enjoy because it's an experience unlike any other restaurant experience you've ever had.

Until next time.

Bon appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment