Tuesday, December 27, 2011

GTG Tries It... Part 2

As I continue my quest to find out what is fab and what is drab in the beauty world, I'm bringing you a whole new batch of products in my second installment of GTG Tries It Before You Buy It.


Recently my lips had been very dry and I was looking for something to take care of the dryness. I needed an inexpensive product because I didn't want to pay $20 for something at a department store during the holiday season, so I ended up at my local Target (btw, I LOVE Target!)

I headed straight to the makeup aisle and started browsing. When I made my way to the Maybelline section, I noticed the brand's new adorable lip balms in different colors and flavors. They were simply eye catching--major props to Maybelline for the great marketing.

After casually reading the label, I decided to grab one. I don't really like flavored lip glosses, so I chose the "Quenched" because I felt it was the safest choice.


Product: Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm

Claims: Provides 8 hour moisture renewal and delivers SPF 20 protection.

Actually: I'll be honest I don't think it really gives you 8 hours worth of moisture, since I do re-apply at least two to three times a day. But it did make my lips softer and I've noticed that my lips are no longer chapped or dried.

Pros: It's super cheap--$3 cheap. The Quenched flavor has no real definitive taste to it, so that was a plus. And it has sun protection, which if you're from Miami like I am, SPF is a must.

It's also great to wear alone or wear with colored lipstick underneath.

Cons: It can feel a bit greasy. But it's almost perfection for $3!


Last Christmas, my boyfriend's mom got me a little basket filled with beauty products, one of the products was an eye makeup remover. And I can't believe I haven't blogged about it until now, but better late than never, right.




Product: Mary Kay's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

Claims: Gently removes eye makeup (waterproof mascara included) and doesn't dry out skin.

Actually: It really does remove eye makeup, even waterproof mascara is gently and easily removed without drying out the skin around your eyes.

Pros: This product is amazing even if it falls inside your eyes it doesn't burn. It leaves your eye area super hydrated.

I actually use it sometimes to correct makeup mistakes. I dab some on a cotton swab, dab it under my eye and I'm ready to go!

Cons: None.


2 comments:

  1. Dear GTG,
    I live in florida to and I have a fashion and beauty blog like yours (I am 13)!! I followed you. And I would be happy if you visited my blog, alexaheartofficial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexi! Thank you for reading. I checked out your blog and it's adorable. Keep up the great work. xo

    ReplyDelete