Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wu-hoo, Not!

Super Bowl Sunday came and left and so did the Jason Wu for Target Collection. While Bostonians all over the East Coast are still upset over the championship loss, I know some fashionistas in Miami who are just as equally infuriated about their Jason Wu experience at Target. Well it's more like the lack of the Wu experience.

One of those angry fashionistas is yours truly.

I'm a loyal Target customer and have been a fan of these limited collections that go as far back as 2007, when Isaac Mizrahi launched a collection with the chain. In fact, I still have the LBD I bought because it's a classic piece.

And the truth is that now that I have this blog, I really look forward to these collections even more because it helps me tell my readers how things really are. I also love the fact that these collections are accessible to everyone.

This past Sunday I woke up at  6:00 a.m. and was ready to shop until I dropped or at the very least I was hoping to bring you some exquisite photos of the merchandise and an accompanying kick ass review, but I regret to inform you that I didn't shop much. I didn't even see much.  And to add insult to all this injury, I didn't even get to see a single handbag.  The horror!

And it wasn't for a lack of trying because I did go to three different Target stores. Here's an account of my experience:

The first Target had a very limited quantity of merchandise. And get this: they didn't even carry accessories. There weren't any accessories, but there were plenty of employees, who stood by the Wu display watching as shoppers were fighting for merchandise as if  they were witnessing a boxing match. They seemed amused and this made me angry!

The second store I visited had slightly more merchandise, but all the accessories had sold out by the time that I got there. And the remaining items were in sizes larger than what I wear, so no luck there!

But at least the employees at this store were very helpful. They were actually putting the merchandise left at the registers back on the floor and answering the customers' questions.

The last store I checked out was probably the best stocked out of the three, but again sizes left were too big.

I did manage to find what I had thought was a very pretty gold peplum, but it wasn't all that pretty in person. I didn't like the texture and I still need to try it on for fit, so it might go back.

Gold peplum blouse


My heart was feverishly fixated on finding this flared cream dress with black accents that's displayed below, but there was no trace of the dress at any of the stores.


I did find the black version, but it just didn't look quite as charming as the cream version. In my mind I had envisioned the cream dress with black tights for a "Blair Waldorf look."  I will say that the soft material of the dress was dreamy.

The last item on my "Wishful Wu List was this gorgeous cream and black handbag, which was sold out online and nowhere to be found in physical stores.


Yes, I can go on EBay and find the bag and the dress, but I'd also have to pay a lot more than what these items are worth. It's my personal opinion that these collections are an attempt at making the brand more accessible by introducing it to the average consumer, but of course there are assholes everywhere who ruin the party for the rest of us.

I'm sure you  have seen the YouTube video that has surfaced showing a Miami couple buying out the entire collection from the Target in Midtown Miami. It truly is despicable.




I, myself am  upset because I witnessed similar behavior, while the store's employees watched on like it were a sport. I'm completely disgusted by Target and its employees, and even wrote an email to corporate. I did receive a prompt and generic response, in which they stated they were sorry and that the company is learning from its mistakes as they go on.

While I do appreciate that the company takes time out to address their consumers' concerns, they need to take immediate action by enforcing a limit on the quantity of items a person can buy at a store. They have the policy for online purchases, but why can't they have it for in store.

I plea to you today to not give into your urges and purchase these items from the people who have robbed us from the experience, as well from the accessibility and affordability that was granted to us.

Let them keep the very same items they deprived us of and maybe they'll learn a lesson after realizing they will not recuperate the thousands of dollars they "invested."


"Revenge is a dish best served cold."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment