Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your GTG needs your help!

Hi friends of GTG,

I hope you are all doing just fab!

I spent much of this week racking my brain to come up with a topic for this week. I had a few ideas, but while talking to a co-worker, whom I recently directed to my blog, he said he couldn't appreciate it because it was more driven towards women than men.

It left me wondering if I should incorporate more manly topics. So should I or should I not?

If I do, I need my male readers to help me with the content.

So are you men up for the challenge?

Stay tuned to see what the new post will be about.

TTFN,
Your GTG!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

4 comments:

  1. Let the topic come up organically. Avoid the temptation to write about money, power & ?"$$/ as an attempt to reach men. A topic that can reach both sides will work. Family, life, reflections or culture can appeal. just let it come from within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel when it comes to thinking of topics every week. At times I go through the same issue with my blog. As far as male appeal is concerned, I would follow ShayDetta's advice - allow it to come naturally. Also, if the vast majority of your readers happen to be female, let it be. Your topics reflect your personality and I think that is something you should stick with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I agree with both comments. I would recommend you first learn your audience first before incorporating new ideas that might entertain a very few and maybe alienate the majority. This is not an easy question to answer, specially with the lack of information on your audience. Never theless if you can start of with a few topics that are gender free, topics about ppl, all ppl. Then slowly move towards which ever side you think you've had the best success with. There, my two cents, good luck ;)
    -Manny Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I want to thank you all for your input, but I'm going to stick to what I know and every now and then I will post smart blogs for all the genders! :) p.s. you guys rock!

    ReplyDelete