Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Take a bite out of the Big Apple



I'm in love with New York City, but who isn't?

I love the stores, the people, heck I even like riding the subways. But that's only because I'm a visitor.

But perhaps my most favorite thing about the big city is the restaurants.

And just recently, I've noticed how many NY based restaurants have opened up right here in our own backyard.

So here's my compilation of restaurants where you can take a bite out of the Big Apple, without booking a trip.

The Shake Shack opened its doors in 2004 in Madison Square Garden, and since then they've expanded to D.C., Connecticut, Miami and even the Middle East.

The chain's hamburgers, hot dogs, custards and shakes are some of the best in the country, so the next time you're on Lincoln Road make sure you check it out.

5 Napkin Burger named after the franchise's most famous dish-- the 5 napkin burger, which is 10 ounces of fresh ground chuck topped with Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions and rosemary aioli.

YUM!

Although famous for its burgers, this restaurant also has sushi rolls, salads and a huge selection of cocktails.

Named after a little shoe, Scarpetta opened up inside of the Fontainebleau and it's one of the few places in Miami where you can find delicious, authentic Italian food.

Jennifer Lopez celebrated her 42nd birthday at Scarpetta.

Another great Italian restaurant that opened its doors in Miami is Il Gabbiano, which is owned by The Masci brothers, who also own and operate Il Muliano in the Greenwich neighborhood.

An American classic, Houston's is a beloved spot that has great service.

Houston's Chicago-style spinach dip is by far the best dip I've ever tried.  I always go there for the dip, drinks and a nice view.

MR CHOW is a world renowned franchise and especially popular in LA and NYC, so I was so thrilled to hear that a restaurant would open inside of the W Hotel in Miami Beach.

And because it is Miami, you can find all of their classic dishes, along with some new exciting recipes executed by the head chef.

NOBU is possibly the most recognized Japanese restaurant in the world, and I'm just glad that we have a restaurant here in Miami.

Make sure you wash down any of their amazing signature dishes with their mango martini, which is to absolutely die for.


Are there any other NY restaurants that have opened in Miami that are not on this list?

Let me know and I'll add them.

Also, don't forget Miami Spice starts from August 1st-September 30th and some of the restaurants mentioned above will be participating. Check it out: Miami Spice Participating Restaurants


Until next time!

xO's,
your GTG


"There are no better conversations than those that take place around great food and great company."--Yours truly.

3 comments:

  1. I'll check out Nobu when I get the chance. I feel 5 Napkin is a tad bit overrated while Shake Shack is solid but I fear the food quality might not be able to maintain standards with Miami's infamous shitty work ethics in restaurants. Time to bring La Carreta to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far Shake Shack is a okay in my book. Let me know how you like Mobu :)

    ReplyDelete