Monday, March 26, 2012

What's Birchbox?

About a month and a half ago, I was reading tweets as I do every day. Twitter has become my one stop source for news information. I follow  newspapers, as well as the local TV news stations and all of my favorite fashion magazines.

I came across a tweet from a friend of mine who was talking about how excited she was to try all her @birchbox products for the month. I had never heard of Birchbox, so I immediately looked it up to see what it was.

I was really shocked to find out what it was, but I was so much more shocked that I hadn't heard about it before. It was almost as if the beauty universe was trying to keep this amazing service a secret from me.

After getting the 411 on Birchbox, I decided to sign up for it because where else would I be able to try out at least 5 samples of brand new products or some of my already favorite stuff for $10 a month.

Because Birchbox runs on a monthly cycle you have to wait for them to email you an invitation before you can enjoy your very first birchbox. I had to wait about 3 weeks because I signed up right when they were shipping its Feburary's boxes.

Finally in mid March I received my first box!



Here are this month's goodies:



1- Color Club Neon Nail Polish in Peace Out  Purple.  Don't forget: Neon is a huge trend this spring and trying it out on your nails first is a great way to try it out.


Note: 3 days into my mani and I still can't see a chip!


1- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint There's nothing better than a light moisturizing tint instead of a full on foundation during these hot summer months, especially here in Miami with all the annoying humidity we suffer from. Best of all it provides 20 SPF.

1- Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer. I still haven't tried this, but will keep you posted on my thoughts.

1- Orofluido Hair Elixir I swear I died and went to hair heaven when I tried this on. I used  some on my damp hair and it made my hair look superb without having to dry or straighten it with heating products. And did i mention?  It smells absolutely delish!

1- Annick Goutal Eau d Hadrien I smelled this but it's very citrusy for my taste. I might spritz some on at some point to see if I like it against my body, but I didn't really like the smell of it alone on paper.

3- sample packets of Tea Forte (Skin Smart Teas)-This is probably the only product I will not use from this month's Birchbox simply because I'm not a tea drinker. I will more than likely pass it on to a friend and follow up with her to see how it worked. Or if you want it, I'll be more than glad to send it to you just ask.

Aside from all these goodies for $10, you collect points for every purchase you make, which can help you score full sized items at little or no cost depending on how many points you have. And the more you buy the more points you get.

You also get points for referring friends, so if you would like to sign up for a  Birchbox membership please click here.  Help your GTG get some points!

What I truly consider to be the best part of Birchbox is the opportunity to sample products before you commit to buying them. It's such a great service for people like me who are always looking for the next best thing for hair, nails and skincare. And don't forget you can buy every product you try out directly from the Birchbox site.

Tip: Ladies, don't forget to fill out your beauty profile, so that your samples are customized to your hair and skin needs.
How many of you are  members?

How many of you are going to join after reading this?

Always beautifully yours,
GTG


" Beauty without expression is boring." - Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment