Thursday, May 24, 2012

GTG's Must-Have Hair Products

One of the most important things to me about myself is my hair. I've always longed for full, thick, voluminous and shiny hair-- you know the kind you only see on actresses in Hollywood. The truth is that kind of voluminous hair mostly exists because of extensions.

I don't personally care for extensions. They're expensive. They're high maintenance. And even though I'm somewhat high maintenance, I just can't afford to keep up with extensions.
So while extensions are definitely not for me, I've learned about a few products, which I use religiously and have helped make my hair healthier and shinier.

And in the past year I have noticed a huge change in my hair's texture. Even hair pros are impressed with the healthy state of my mane. But my hair wasn't always this healthy. And it's taken me a few years to get it to its current state and today I'm sharing all my secrets with you.
The first thing I did on my recovery road was: I stopped dying my hair. Crazy! I know. I used to be obsessed with changing the color of my hair, but as a result my hair was dry and brittle and even worse, it was difficult to manage.

Quitting hair dye was one of the hardest things I've ever done because I get easily bored and changing the color of my hair was always a way of changing my look.

The next thing I did was become more conscious about the hair products I put in my hair.

The following hair products are products I swear by:



This product I recently discovered in my Birchbox and I loved it so much I had to buy the full size. This is a product that you can use on your hair whether it's wet or dry and smells amazing.

When used on wet hair it:
Reduces drying time
• Leaves hair light and silky
• Enhances shine

When used on dry hair it:
  • adds instant shine
  • controls frizz
  • makes hair easier to comb through

This is another product which is really affordable and can be used in different ways. Argan oil is known as a great conditioning treatment to leave hair looking shiny and feeling soft.




Ways to use it:

  • Deep ConditioningTreatment - Apply the Moroccan argan oil intensive treatment over dry hair with a wide-toothed comb. Leave it on for up to an hour and use it as a deep conditioning mask. Once you’ve got the mask on, put a shower cap on, and wrap a hot, wet towel around the shower cap. The heat will help the mask penetrate hair even deeper, ensuring maximum conditioning.
GTG Recommendation for deep conditioning treatment: Use it this way only once a month.
  • Condition Shampoo Condition Method - Apply Organix over DRY hair with a wide-toothed comb. Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes than shampoo, condition, and rinse.
  • Use as a Conditioner - Apply Organix to wet hair after shampooing. Allow to sit for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse and style.


 

Horse shampoo, you ask? And yes it's a shampoo that was originally designed for horses, but can also be used by humans and it works wonderfully.

The shampoo which is rather gentle cleanses without stripping hair's natural oils. You will notice a difference in your hair after using it for the first time! And over time it's gotten thicker and stronger.

This really is the secret to my hair.


Original Mane 'N Tail Conditioner



After shampooing, I rinse and condition my hair. I try to leave the conditioner for a few minutes before I rinse it off to ensure that every strand is conditioned.

This conditioner prevents breakage and can also be used as a leave-in conditioner as well.


GTG's Tips for Healthy Hair:
  • Wash your hair every other day. Try to push for every two days if your hair isn't too oily and you can go that long without shampooing.
  • Make sure you condition hair after every wash.
  • Try to not use too many styling products and styling tools because we know that both heat and chemicals are bad for the hair.
  • Brush/comb your hair gently especially when it's wet because that's when hair is susceptible to breakage.
  • Take Biotin or other vitamins that aid hair, skin and nails.

Hairfully yours,
GTG

"The hair is the richest ornament of women." - Martin Luther




No comments:

Post a Comment