Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missoni for Target: A Great Fashion Collaboration

Yesterday, fashionistas all over the country celebrated Missoni for Target day by almost buying out every Missoni item at stores and crashing the store's site.

The good news is that today Target.com is up and running. The bad news is that most of the Missoni items are out of stock.

I spent most of my Monday tweeting and facebooking about my excitement for the line and I had some people ask me, "what's the big deal?"

And for those of you who might have not heard about Missoni--it's a luxury brand whose merchandise goes for hundreds and hundreds of dollars and this Target collection only costs a fraction of that.

And that my friends is a BIG deal!

Missoni is an Italian fashion house most famous for its zigzag and geometric patterns. The brand was founded by a couple and it's currently run by their children.

BTW: I love and respect family fashion businesses!

As saddened as I was to not be part of the frenzy that took place at Targets all over the country, I just couldn't. I had just gotten back to work from my vacation and couldn't ask for more time off. :(

So before I left work for the day, I had a game plan. I looked up all the Targets in my area and decided to visit the Target in Hialeah because I was sure not too many people in Hialeah knew what Misssoni was.

Ladies and gents, we should never assume anything about anyone or anything and that is a lesson I finally learned last night, as everything Missoni in the Hialeah store had practically sold out.


Empty accessories rack at Target.

Lucky for me, I met a woman who shared the same sentiments as I did about people in Hialeah not being so crazy over Missoni and we kept each other company, as we both realized we weren't going to walk out with much.

The young woman walked out with some baby Missoni stuff with hopes that she would one day be able to use it.

I also ran into a middle aged man, who was more desperate than me to find something Missoni. He bought the last pair of Missoni heels in a size 10.

By far, this was the strangest shopping situation I have encountered in my 16 years of shopping.

So back to my story, I had gone to Target with hopes of finding a pair of rain boots, flats and maybe a scarf, but just about everything had sold out.

As I made my way to the shoe department I was sure I wasn't going to find the rain boots.

But lo and behold a large Missoni box (large enough to carry the rain boots I was coveting) and it was a size 7.

I was thrilled!

I took the box to a seat, opened the box and checked the rain boots to make sure they were my size, which they were and tried them on.

They fit perfectly.

Missoni rain boots retail for anywhere between $200-$400 and this pair was only $34.99! I walked out feeling like a winner!



My adorable Missoni rain boots!


Let the torrential downpours begin! I'm hoping for tons and tons of rain! Sorry, if I rain on anyone's parade!

I also hope that all my fellow fashionistas can get their hands on the items they most desire from this collection and don't forget Missoni for Target will be around until October 22nd.

A few more affordable collections to keep your eyes out for:
All these lines are signed off by me-- your GTG!

I love to splurge on fashion, but I'm also a fan of buying great pieces at more reasonable prices!

Fashionably yours,
GTG


"Today, fashion is really about sensuality—how a woman feels on the inside. In the '80s women used suits with exaggerated shoulders and waists to make a strong impression. Women are now more comfortable with themselves and their bodies—they no longer feel the need to hide behind their clothes.” - Donna Karan

No comments:

Post a Comment