Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Age Ain't Nothing but a Number

Today marks the 28th year of my existence. And while I never look forward to growing old, I do love birthdays! I'm thankful for getting to share another birthday with those closest to me. I'm even more thankful for those who love me and go out of their ways to make me feel extra special on my day. Thank you so much! You know exactly who you are.

Birthdays are much like life--they come with pros and cons. The older I get the more I'm embracing the pros and not the cons.

One of the things I enjoy to do for myself on my birthday, besides buying a new fabulous accessory is analyzing my successes, my failures, my mistakes and my gains in the past year.

I'm in a better place on this birthday than I was on my last one. And today I want to share a few of the things that keep me positive, keep me strong, but above all keep me going. Think of it as a birthday gift to you.

Live life with NO regrets. Even if things don't go the way you planned them know that at some point you did exactly what you wanted. If you need to live your life with regrets then regret the things you didn't do. Everything else is a lesson.

Always follow your heart. Follow your mind. Follow your instincts. They will never steer you wrong.

It's ok to no longer want the very same things you obsessed with for years. In my case it was having a journalistic career. For a very long time I was beyond bitter and depressed that I wasn't where I wanted to be, but then I realized life is too short to be upset over things like a job.

So what did I do? I focused on my passions: writing and fashion. And now I'm Your Go to Gal. This blog is honestly one of the best things that I have ever done. And I want to thank all of you who are constantly supporting and rooting me on!

Never feel sorry for yourself.

If you fall you get your ass up again and fight harder.

Always help those who are in need.

A child brings inexplicable joy to a family. Thank you Jinny for giving me my gorgeous baby nephew. Our lives are now complete because of him.

Smile. It helps you live longer.

Carry yourself with confidence at all times.

Until my next birthday!

One year wiser,

Your G2G

2 comments:

  1. One year wiser, and many more to come.

    Happy Birthday Yami :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You an adult now. Happy ten year anniversary of turning legal

    ReplyDelete