Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trend Alert Report: 2012 Spring Accessories

I know fall has just begun and it truly is my favorite time of the year because of the fabulous fashion. But the fashion world moves quickly and right now it's all about what's in for the next season.

Here's a sneak peek at the trends for spring accessories we can expect:

Trend # 1: Embellishments Galore.

I personally love this trend and it's so good to know that I can rock my embellished Sam Edelman's for another season.

Embellishments aren't just for shoes, so don't be afraid to get a little daring with your handbags as well.


Trend # 2: Transparency.

Transparent accessories will be huge in the springtime. I don't particularly like this trend because  it looks cheap. It also reminds me of my days as a sales associate at Macy's when I had to sport a small plastic handbag that had no privacy.



Trend # 3: Athleticism.


I'm not loving this trend either. Who wants to look like they just left the gym or are on their way to school with these casual backpacks and bags? I will say it's a totally functional look for us working gals who commute to work on public transportation or have to walk a lot.


Trend # 4: Pastels.


A small change as far as color goes. We saw a lot of bold and bright colors in 2011, but 2012 is all about lighter pastel colors.

Sidenote: I'm in love with these shoes!

Trend #5: The New Platforms.



Platforms will still be in, but they'll  be a lot chunkier than what we've seen this year.


Trend # 6: Hello Crocs!


Forget snakes and any other reptile for that matter. Two thousand and twelve is all about one reptile: the crocodile.

Crocodile skin accessories are timeless and make us look wealthy, even if we aren't!

Trend # 7: The Return of the Earrings.


It's been a few seasons, since I've seen a huge emphasis on earrings like we saw on the runways for the spring. And the bigger the earring, the better!


Trend #8: Hats!


Hats are such a fabulous accessory and one that we don't see much in Miami. I hope this changes in the upcoming year and we see more ladies and fellas rocking hats.

Trend # 9: Belt it Out!


Accentuate the smallest part of your body with a beautiful jeweled belt this spring.

Trend # 10: Novelty Heels aka The Gaga Shoe Look.

This is such a fun trend. I'm so excited to find a pair of avant garde shoes to rock next year!

 I'm not only an avid shoe lover, but I adore unique shoes, so if this shoe trend fits I'll have to buy a few pairs.


For a  complete look at these trends make sure you visit: http://www.vogue.com/guides/accessories-spring-2012-guide/#/guide/5509/1

Pictures and trends provided by: Vogue.com


Always Fashion Forward,

Your GTG


Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"  - Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment