Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And the Winner for Best Dressed Is...

I enjoy watching movies just like everyone else does. It's usually a one hour and 30 minute escape from reality, which we can all use.

But as you all know what I love most is fashion and beauty and during awards season, I'm usually glued to my seat watching the red carpets every Sunday.

And while I like watching all of the red carpets none is as glamorous and extraordinary as the Academy Awards' red carpet. I still remember when I saw Jennifer Lawrence in 2011 for the first time ever in a sexy red Calvin Klein dress.  I'm still not over that dress.

This year's Oscars'  red carpet did not disappoint. Here were my favorite looks of the night.




Angelina Jolie in a black velvet Atelier Versace dress. She looked stunning, though I hated the way she posed, which lead to her right leg getting its very own Twitter account.




Gwyneth Paltrow in head to toe white Tom Ford. This was the fashion moment of the night. I loved this cape so much that I didn't think the dress alone looked as chic as it did with the cape.




Can anyone remember when Michelle Williams was on Dawson's Creek in the late '90s? She has done an outstanding job in transforming her fashion style over the years and in turn she has become one of my favorites to watch on the carpet. Her style is vintage, timeless and always impeccable. This Louis Vuitton dress was killer!



Jessica Chastain. What a beauty! This dress reminds me of something only royalty would wear. She knocked it out of the park. Hands down, she was my best dressed down.



No one can do cut outs like Rooney Mara. I loved that she went with a not so obvious color instead of her usual black (which I have no problem with, but this was a softer look.) This Givenchy dress had some amazing cut outs on the back and she's never looked better.




Rose Byrne had a total OMG moment on Sunday's Oscars' red carpet in this black sequined Vivenne Westwood dress.

Even her hair, earrings and makeup were perfect. She's one to watch in the future.



Jennifer Lopez is one of my favorite fashionistas. No one can rock a dress like this woman. Nip slip or no nip slip she looked incredible in this Zuhair Murad gown.

Who was your absolute fave?



All photos provided by Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment