Friday, May 4, 2012

blo-wn Away

I'm a little spoiled for lack of a better term. I've always said that if I were ever rich and I'm talking about filthy rich I would have a glam team on call. Unfortunately I have not reached that goal yet, but I do love to get glammed up for special events, as I'm sure you do too.

Last Friday, I needed to get myself ready for the launch of Miami Now TV, after weeks of planning and running around to host the perfect party, it was finally my turn to get a little pampered and dolled up for the festivities!

I had been dying to get my hair blo-wed at blo Midtown because I had heard great things about the salon and staff.

Sandi and Kailey are the uber chic and gorgeous owners of blo and they're also sisters, had agreed to sponsor the braid bar at the party. So naturally, I was going to go to them to make sure I had the "blo down."

I left work early that day and headed out to blo located in Midtown, Miami's newest playground . I'm such a patsy for pink, so I was delighted when I saw blo's concept revolves around the color pink!



The entrance

As soon as I walked in I was cheerfully greeted by the front desk attendant, who asked me to take a seat, while my stylist prepared for my appointment.


Front Desk.

In the mean time I made my way to the waiting area, which was pink and white and designed to be very clean and modern. I love clean spaces! The area is stocked up with fashion mags, hair products for sale and a blo menu.

After glancing through it, I decided to go with the "holly-would," a fun and flirty blo with lots of curl and bounce.


Waiting Area.

After a very short wait, my cute blo girl came out to greet me and walked me over to the back of the salon to wash and condition my hair before my blo.

While she was washing my hair, we chit chatted about the look I wanted: lots of volume and waves. I'm usually a sleek and straight hair kind of girl, but I was feeling very adventurous that day. I even ended up with a hot pink pout!


Cute blo girl


Washing station.

Am I the only girl who loves to have her scalp washed and massaged? I swear I could just fall asleep with that kind of attention to my head. So from the washing station, it was on the styling station, which was perhaps one of the prettiest pink things I've ever seen.

I seriously want need a pink vanity set in my new house! 


Styling Station.

I was completely blo-wn away by the service and by the warmth and attention to the clients. I spent the entire time talking to my stylist as well as to Sandi, which I enjoy because I love to meet new people. It also didn't hurt that my blo girl complimented me on how healthy and pretty my hair is.

The final result was a head of gorgeous tresses, which I totally forgot to take a picture of because I left in a hurry. But I do have this picture of my braid, which I got done later that night at the party. I'm not a braid girl but I absolutely loved it!

I also want to mention how awesome these ladies are that by the time I got to my car, which was parked on the same block of the salon, I had received a personalized email thanking me for stopping by. I will definitely be returning to blo Midtown for all of my future needs and I highly recommend it.

Follow my favorite sassy sisters: @themanemuchacha and thecountress who are making big "waves."
My beautiful braid.

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair." Audrey Hepburn

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun and happy place to be, and your braid came out beautifully! I have also often said that if I ever became filthy rich I would have someone around to do my hair, just because I am terrible at coming up with new ideas for it and executing something different on your own can be such a challenge, and even impossible!

    ReplyDelete