Monday, February 18, 2013

Spotlight: Julep Maven February Box

I discovered Julep Maven, a nail color monthly sub, a few months ago, when I was trying to decide what I really wanted to get from my monthly boxes. I don't mind spending money on things I know I'm going to use and I felt like I was getting tired of receiving the same samples from other subs, which have now accumulated inside two drawers of my vanity set.

But I like love to have my nails look pretty in the hottest colors of the season. So joining Julep Maven was a no brainer. Signing up to become a Julep Maven is very easy: you take a quiz, you discover your style profile (It Girl, Bombshell, Classic with a Twist, American Beauty or Boho Glam) and you purchase your first box. All boxes are $19.99/month, but unlike other subs you can pick whichever style you like each month. 

Today I received my February box and wanted to share the colors I received, as well as the inspiration behind this month's collection and the freebies I got from my Julep Jules (Julep Maven's reward program for ordering my monthly box.)

Julep Maven's February Box: Bombshell


Something noteworthy to know about Julep colors:
  • Julep nail colors are "4 free" (don't contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toulene or DBP.)
  • highly pigmented colors
  • Julep donates a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women through its Powered by Girlfriends program. 

My style profile is Classic with a Twist, but this month I opted to order the Bombshell box because I was smitten with Laura, an olive khaki creme. I also received Ginger, a sand tone in a holographic finish. In addition I got an eyelash curler and a couple of heart shaped chocolates (one of which I ate before I got to take a picture of the box :) )



Almost all of this month's boxes came with the new oxygen nail treatment that is supposed to make nails stronger, thicker and smoother in just one stroke (review will be up very soon) as well as freedom polymer top coat(an extra this month) which claims to extend the life of your manicure by creating a force field that prevents chipping and a gel like finish (review for this will also be up shortly.)



Because I had accumulated a nice amount of Julep Jules, I added on the Old Hollywood Charm set, which consists of three colors at no extra cost.



I thought this was the perfect add-on because the entire "Get on The A List" February collection was inspired by classic and modern Hollywood leading ladies.

Unfortunately with all the new polishes that I have received in the last week or so I haven't been able to try them all on. As usual, I'll come back and update this post with all the colors received.

FYI: The window for the new monthly subscription opens up later this week from the 20th-24th with a new style profile: Modern beauty that will feature other products besides polishes.

If you'd like to become a Julep Maven use my referral code: 5799024 during sign up or just click on the following link: Julep Maven

What's your favorite monthly subscription?

Until next time,
xo GTG

Don't forget to keep up with me:Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/yourgo2gal







4 comments:

  1. So happy to see another BSBN member join the Julep Family. I am in love with Julep Maven and look forward to it every month. Can't wait to see what other polishes you receive in the future!!

    You are going to LOVE Laura, I have the colour on now and WOW WOW WOW gorgeous!!

    Rebecca
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who's obsessed.

      What's your style profile? And have you seen this month's colors?

      Delete
  2. Thats awesome! But i think I am It Girl, Bombshell, Classic with a Twist, American Beauty or Boho Glam. I encompass all of those style. I am interested to see how they interpret in a nail polish. If I decide to try it I will be sure to use your code!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should take the quiz to see what's your style and take a look at the colors!

      Delete