Monday, June 16, 2014

Kissing Juicy Couture Bye Bye


I'm sure we can still recall that time in the early 2000s when Juicy Couture velour track suits ruled the streets.

Personally, I was never a fan of the tracksuits. I found them a little on the tacky side and there was no way I was going to put on pants that read "juicy" across my backside. But I fell in love with Juicy fragrances and accessories (everything from their charms to leather handbags.) I even paid $65 for a Juicy umbrella, which I still own because-- well I paid $65 for it.

And even though it's been years since I've rocked anything JC-- I'll always have a special place for the brand in my heart. The first purse that I ever bought that cost over $300 was a green JC leather handbag that I still have in my closet until this day because it brings me so many wonderful memories.

Earlier this month, I read the terribly sad news: Pacific and Fifth (formerly Liz Claiborne) sold Juicy Couture to Authentic Brands Group (ABG) late last year. And now ABG has exclusively sold all product licensing to Kohl's, which will be the exclusive retailer for all JC apparel in the fall. No shade to Kohl's, which I like and frequent quite often, but it's really a stretch to see JC go from being sold at high end department stores like Saks and Nordstrom to being sold only at Kohl's.

While we're not exactly saying goodbye to Juicy Couture forever, we are kissing its original glamour and quality goodbye. I know quality declines a great deal when sold at lower end stores such as Target, H&M and Kohl's. And the truth is it also loses its exclusivity appeal.

After hours of researching this whole "Juicy Couture is closing all its stores and will only be sold at Kohl's stores in the fall", I was able to find pictures of some of the merchandise that will be available at Kohl's and I'm not going to lie the 20 year old that still lives in me and has a flair for all things pizazz finds some of the items to be uber cute, but I can already tell from the pictures that it's just not the same brand I used to love so dearly.

Take a look:

Juicy Couture for Kohl's Fall 2014


Over the years, I have collected a fair amount of Juicy Couture items--some I've given away, but I'm so glad I held on to some of my favorite things especially now that I'm kissing Juicy Couture, the global brand goodbye. 

Check out some of my favorite Juicy items:

I  loved those pink and brown shopping bags.

My first Juicy handbag.


The $65 umbrella

The JC handbag I bought on my first trip to NYC


Are you sad to see Juicy Couture close its doors?

Will you be shopping the line at Kohl's?

Let me know!

XO GTG

Don't forget to keep up with me:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/YourGotoGal
Tumblr: http://yourgotogal.tumblr.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/yourgotogal
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/yourgo2gal/
Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/yourgotogal

ps-- Who knew I'd be blogging so soon after my recent retirement? But when I found out what was happening with one of my fave brands of yesteryear, inspiration kicked in and here I am.

Update on the JC brand: And just when you thought you couldn't bear to say good bye to the Juicy brand, ABG, who bought the Juicy empire in 2013 announces that new concept stores for Juicy Couture Black Label Collection will start to open in 2015 throughout the U.S., Canada and overseas.

Licensing partners for the global Juicy Couture Black Label Collection include Elizabeth Arden Steve Madden, Movado, and Swimwear Anywhere.
ABG will also re-launch JuicyCouture.com to offer consumers greater access to the Juicy Couture Black Label Collection. But until 2015, we'll have to get our Juicy fix at Kohl's, which I hear will appear under a pink label collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment