Monday, March 12, 2012

The Art of Gift Giving

Every year I struggle with buying gifts for the special women in my life, i.e. my mom, sister and close girlfriends.

At times, I feel like I have already given them everything I could buy in terms of jewelry, perfumes and clothing. It's become repetitive and boring for me. Does the same thing happen to you?

Now I know what you're thinking: "a gift is all about the thought that you remembered this person's birthday or other special occasion." And you're absolutely right, which is why you're going to love my list of  unique gift ideas.

As usual these are all small things that I have purchased and have been a total success. These gifts are not only thoughtful and unique, but they're guaranteed to put a smile on the receiver's face!


Flowers:




Receiving unexpected flowers from a loved one is a simple and sweet gesture. I feel that most people think flowers are only exchanged between a man and a woman, but I think anyone can give flowers. And believe me, women love flowers, but more so, when those flowers are a gift from a daughter, a friend or a co-worker.


Lolita Glasses:



Lolita glasses are one of my favorite things to give to my lovely ladies, whether it's for a birthday, a bachelorette party or a graduation (they literally make glasses for just about any occasion you can imagine, don't believe me check out the official website).

Usually the glasses come with a cocktail recipe, like a birthday cake recipe. The instructions can be found at the bottom of the packaging.

Whenever I give a Lolita glass to any of my friends, I make a small request that every year on their birthday, they have a cocktail in this glass.

It not only makes the perfect gift, but it starts a fabulous yearly ritual.


Philosophy Products:




Although Philosophy has been around for years, it wasn't until recently when I started using its Purity cleanser that I realized what a great brand it is.

This weekend I purchased the birthday girl gift set for a dear friend of mine. It includes 5 samples of the brand's most beloved products, which I think is a great way to introduce anyone to this brand not to mention it just makes a darling gift.

My favorite thing of the gift is what the actual case says on the back, which is the philosophy about birthdays. I read it to my boyfriend and even he was impressed with what it said, so that's a great sign!

They also have gift sets for different types of occasions such as new mommies, brides to be and just because.


Gift Certificates:



People nowadays have a very negative connotation when it comes to giving gift cards or certificates as gifts. They're not thoughtful enough or you're just being lazy.

This isn't always true. We all have that one friend, maybe it's our mom or sister, who spends her entire life working and taking care of others and has no time for herself.

This is when a gift certificate to a nice spa for a manicure and a pedicure makes the perfect gift. What I like to do is make an appointment for the person I'm giving this to as a gift, as well as for myself. I use the opportunity to make it a girl's day.

This also ensures she makes that time for herself.


Baking:




I have a friend who is awesome at baking sweet treats and about two years ago she baked me cupcakes for my birthday. I was so touched by the fact that she went through all the trouble to bake me something.

I suggest you find out what her favorite sweet is (if you don't already know it) and find a simple recipe online and make it on your own.

It's something she will love and always remember.


"The key to gift giving is attention to details." - GTG

No comments:

Post a Comment