Tuesday, March 6, 2012

GTG Tries It (Viva Glam Lip Conditioner)

A few weeks back, I had to attend a wedding that I wasn't too thrilled about going, so I left everything that I had to do for the last minute. And when I say last minute I mean a few hours before I had to be sitting at the church for the wedding.

After I found my dress, I decided that I didn't want to do my own makeup, so I stopped by the MAC makeup counter. If I could afford to have my own personal glam team a la Miss Kim K, I would do it in a heartbeat. I love to look pretty, but I hate doing all the work. Anyways, I digress (that happens a lot).


Knowing I'd  have to purchase an x amount of products at any makeup counter in order to get my makeup done, I took the opportunity to stock up on some of my MAC faves.

By the way, I had to purchase 4 items this visit. I thought it was only 3 items. Can anyone confirm if that number has changed or if I was duped?

See I digressed just a bit there too!

Ok so I stocked up on my usual: eyeliner, a neutral lipliner and a new nude lipstick. I love nude!

I also decided to invest in the new Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner, after the makeup artist applied it  to my lips. It was as if she had injected life back into them. They were particularly chapped that day. I think I was dehydrated.


So here's the lowdown on this little magic stick:




Product: MAC Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner

Claims:  Keeps lips soft and supple.

Actually: I had been in love with my last lip product, which was the Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched, but I ran out of it and haven't been able to find it in that flavor again. (Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of fruity flavor lip balms.)

This Viva Glam did not feel sticky and as I mentioned before it seemed to rehydrate my lips as soon as it came into contact with my lips. I didn't have to put on a single dab more and even after I had eaten dinner and wiped my mouth, my lips still felt incredibly soft and moist.

Us girls do love instant gratification.

Pros: I did tell you how amazing it was upon contact, right? Aside from that-- every cent of this purchase ($15) goes to help people who are living with HIV or AIDS. It's also long-lasting and unlike Quenched from Maybelline you don't have to be constantly reapplying.

Soft kissable lips and helping those in need? It just doesn't get better than that. This is another lip conditioner you can wear on its own or on top or underneath your lipstick.

Cons: It's part of a limited edition, so it won't be around all the time.

My advice is to stock up on a few tubes before it sells out.

Ta-ta-- Until the next product!

xo GTG

No comments:

Post a Comment