Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GTG Tries It (Clarisonic Mia)

Today's post is for my beauty aficionados!


I'm reviewing the Clarisonic Mia, which I got as a Christmas gift. I know it's been about three months, but I really wanted to make sure I used it enough times and that I had valuable information to share with you before I wrote about my experience with this cleaning tool.


Before getting to the review, I want to take a moment to reassure you that everything that I write about on this blog is me. These are my ideas, my thoughts and my opinions.

I don't get paid by anyone to write anything you see on this blog. I write the honest truth. I feel that as a person who consumes as much from the fashion and beauty industries as I do that I can share my knowledge to help you.

The goal of my blog isn't to persuade you to go out and buy x product; it's to help you make an informed decision if you were already considering buying something or are in the market to purchase a new foundation or lipstick.

With that said we can now return to my review!






Product: Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System

Note: I received my CM in jaguar (I love animal prints!) and the kit includes a charger, one sensitive brush head and a 1 oz. gentle hydro cleanser.

Claims:  Cleans 6 times better than using hands and soap alone.

Actually: It was love after first wash. My face never felt or looked as clean as it did after that first wash and the best part was that after using it for two weeks in a row about twice a day, my face still had that really clean feeling. I immediately noticed my face looked fresher and more radiant, which is a huge plus.

I'm almost 30 and I still combat breakouts. The only reason I even remotely looked forward to getting older was for the promise of clear skin. Ladies, let's file that under "myths," along with a college education will get you a great job.

For those of you who follow my blog, you already know I also have a huge issue with the size of my pores (no pun intended) and this product has helped unclog them, which in turn has seemingly reduced their appearance.

You must replace the brush head at least once every 3 months. Trust me you'll know when it's time to change it because the daily cleanings won't feel as thorough as they did when you first started using it. You can find the brush heads online or anywhere the Clarisonic is sold.

Pros: A thorough cleaning is made simple with the CM. Use it for 30-60 seconds once or twice a day. I like that the kit brings everything you need to get you started.

You can use any cleanser to wash your face with it doesn't have to be a Clarisonic cleanser. I'm currently using Purity from Philosophy.

Cons: Battery life lasts for about 20 minutes. That means if you are using the CM two times a day for about a minute each time then that's two minutes, which means you get about 10 days worth of use. 

Here's the really crappy part about the battery: it takes 24 hours to recharge, so essentially you go on a whole day without being able to use the CM!

You're probably asking: What's the big deal about going on a day without using the CM?

Well, the problem is that when you grow accustom to using it you realize that a facial cleanser and your bare hands just don't get the job done as well. I'm completely obsessed with mine and use it every single day (except the one day of charging.)

Initially, I also noticed a change in my breakout cycle. They started occurring more frequently around the first month's use, but I also noticed they'd disappear quicker.

 
It wasn't serious enough to discourage me from continuing to use this product.

Tip: Make sure you wash your brush head at least once a week. I use a gentle antibacterial wash, which is what I also use to wash my makeup brushes!

Fun Fact: After you purchase your CM kit, you should register your product on Clarisonic to receive a savings certificate for future purchases on your brush heads and cleansers. The offer is good for 3 months!

Do you have a Clarisonic Mia? What's been your experience?

Until the next review!
xo GTG



"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment